Our new school, Ysgol Heulfan, was opened in September 2005. It is the result of the amalgamation of the Infant School (Ysgol Bryn Golau) and Junior School (Ysgol y Drindod).
Today, there are 253 full time pupils on roll (mainstream) 39 children in the Nursery (part time) and 27 pupils attend Y Canol (resourced provision that caters for the needs of children with severe learning difficulties and/or profound and multiple learning difficulties).
We aim to make our school a comfortable and pleasant learning environment.
The classrooms are attractively laid out and features include:
1. Practical teaching areas for art, craft, design and technology
2. Two school halls with apparatus for P.E, Drama, Music and Movement, school productions and assemblies
3. A new school library
4. Improved school grounds, a school greenhouse and several allotment gardens.
5. Two computer suites (with new flat screen computers) and access to interactive whiteboards in every learning area.
6. A well attended and popular after school club – Open Door Club.
7. Playgroup Plus (for our Nursery children to attend in the afternoons) and a free Breakfast Club which opens at 8:00 a.m.
8. Outside facilities comprise of separate Infant and Junior Playgrounds and a large playing field.
9. Specialist facilities in Y Canol include soft play and sensory stimulation
rooms and a hydrotherapy pool.