1. Make sure they get to school on time – a child who is late might miss something important or feel left out.
2. Make sure they have enough sleep – a child who is yawning is exhausted.
3. Make sure they have a sensible breakfast – a hungry child cannot learn.
4. Please encourage your child to wear a school uniform – we like all our pupils to look smart and feel the same.
5. Teach your child to use good manners. ‘Please,’ ‘thank you’ and ‘excuse me’ take a child a long way!
6. Teach your child to listen! In a society rich with computers, televisions, hi-fi systems etc. we frequently notice that our children struggle to sit quietly and listen!
7. Encourage your child to tell a member of staff if anything happens in school (e.g. name calling, pushing, etc). We can only sort out disagreements if we are aware of them!
8. Teach your child to share, take turns and not want to control all the games – a child that can display such skills will easily make friends.
9. Encourage your child to always try their best. We work hard to ensure we can provide the very best education possible. A child who understands that teachers need supportive, hard working pupils will do well.
10. Please be involved in your child’s education, in whatever way you can. All children enjoy praise and interest – you are always welcome to arrange with the class teacher to view your child’s work.