Representatives for 2018 to 2019: Libby (5/6P), Connor & Imogen (4R), Emily (5/6J), Halle & Louis (4/5M), Alfie & Ylana (3M), Summer & Caleb (2/3B), Ella & Layla (2D), Harry & Lydia (1D)
Chair of the School Council: Charlotte (6W)
Deputy Chair: Evan (5/6P)
Secretary: Callum (6W)
Treasurer: Kuba (5/6J)
Our Aims for the Year
To hold regular meetings with all members and Mrs Thomas.
To improve the physical appearance of key areas within the school.
To arrange a visit to the Mayor’s Parlour to gain an insight into the workings of Wrexham Council.
To go on Learning Walks around school to observe the excellent standards in our school.
To raise money through non-uniform days to help improve our school.
To ensure that everyone has a voice and feels listened to.
To evaluate this year’s themes and create new themes for learning next year.
Updates from Meetings
- Elections took place to appoint key roles on the School Council.
- Plans for the year were agreed upon.
- A discussion took place on what we feel is going well in school and what needs to be improved
- Charlotte and Evan went around school thanking all teachers for providing excellent After School Clubs.
- Mrs Thomas was thanked for creating a School Council Constitution which was read and agreed upon by all members.
- We discussed ‘What makes a good lesson?’ and agreed that lessons should be fun, interesting and informative.
- Two members brought to the School Council’s attention that the library was not being kept tidy. All representatives will speak to their classes to make sure children put books away carefully and Mrs Thomas will mention this in Assembly.
- Callum will be telephoning the Council to arrange a visit to the Mayor’s Council this term.
- Callum and Charlotte will liaise with Mrs Billington to arrange the first Learning Walk of the Year based around Health and Safety.
- We have arranged a non-uniform day in February with Mrs Thomas to raise funds to improe key areas around school.